Sunday, June 6, 2010

decisions, decisions,...

I really never knew that finding a dress was going to be this difficult, but then you have to factor in 4 important things about my style and personality:

1.I wear A LOT of black,....which is cool like, any other day...but i think there are some traditions i don't want to mess with. I don't want to be showing my grandkids our wedding album, and regretting not sticking with something more traditional.

2. I.HATE.SPENDING.MONEY....i mean i don't HATE IT hate it...but i hate spending money i don't have. and i DO NOT have much money.and gowns are like......expensive.

3. I am extraordinarily clumsy. if i grab something too poofy, I'll probably spill something on it. If i get one with a long train, ill probably trip on it...

4. I'm super indecisive....so trying to factor in all of these things about myself...petty redonculous....


So, I don't want to spend an asston of money on something I'm most likely going to rip, spill something on, or that I'm not completely sure that I LOVE. there are dresses that I have found that i adore, but I don't know if they are appropriate for a wedding. And seriously, when the hell am I gonna get the chance to wear something super fluffy and girly again? Let's be serious!

However,I think I'm going to go ahead and make a purchase. I am in the process of researching some custom-made dealy-jobs across the interwebs and e-bay, and
I really think I found something that is traditional, classy, modern and kinda super awesome at the same time.

So, within the next month I intend to go ahead and purchase my gown. Shortly after, I will be designing and purchasing save the dates. Before the summer is over, you know, once I have a van, I will be setting up appointments for my girls to try on and pick out their bridesmaid dresses!!! Holy shit! this ball is ROLLING!!!!


dude, I'm thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment