Wednesday, February 16, 2011

we are less than a baby away...

Well everyone, yesterday was VDay, and that means we are less than 8 months away from having a lovefest.

I can't believe it's almost here! I can't believe that 3 and a half years ago, Dave and I were at that Korn concert, and I can't (can!) believe we got a little tipsy . And then went to look at vendors. And then bought matching rings...But what really blows my mind, is that he TOLD me that meant we were geting married.

Sometimes I think maybe I suckered him into it, baby aside (kidding!!!!)..But really, I was very "do it, you won't!" about it.

Nevertheless, whether I challenged him to it
("You can't just TELL me, you have to ASK me!!"), or he thought it was a great idea at the time, we wanted a long engagement because of our very short courtship beforehand. We knew what we wanted, but we didn't exactly need it just yet.

And now it's basically here. I remember thinking "You'll be over 30, and I'll be as old as you are now (27)!!! HAHAHA!!!!"...and now I'm in the middle of planning out outing for Dave's 31st birthday, and my 27th was this past January.

Sonofabitch, it's all coming along...

Let's take a look at what we have done, what we are doing, and WTF, shall we?

-WWdone: Dress is bought,hemmed, and paid for! It came with a jacket and purse, so theres that. And my veil is good to go as well. Jewelry is also a non issue. SWEET! No naked wedding nightmares.
*WTF- I ned my crinoline (!!!!!!), hose, garter and shoes.
-WWdoing?: googling LOTS OF STUFF.

-WWDone-Signed a photography contract.
-WWdoing- saving dough!
-WTF?!- still need to figure out a locale for photographs. Oh, and engagement sesh.

-WWdone- researched centerpieces.
-WWdoing-googling.
-WTF?!- I should probably order those. Lots of glass.

-WWdone- Booked a band and DJ!
-WWdoing- gonig to see them in March
-WTF?!- I need to work on a playlist. I friggin hate most music a DJ would play, like, anything that came out in 2010.

WWdone- had a splendid idea about Save the Dates, and have spoken with a wonderful graphic artist about designing them.
WWdoing- notmuch
WTF?!- my dad is the worst at addresses and a list.

WWdone-found an inexpensive way to get fabulous invites
WWdoing- wording, designing, and waiting for the pastor to ok my time.
WTF- I'M SAYIN!!!

WWdone-booked jacques, like, forever ago.
WWdoing- scrimping and saving.
WTF- lots of money in April.WTF indeed.


And that's about the long and short of it. Again, we can't really afford something huge, so there are definitely a lot of people who we would love to invite, but we just can't.Just know that this process has been stressful and difficult...but we do plan on having some post-wedding festivities at the place where it all started <3.
(If you don't know where that is, t's Jackie Keelen's Bar) It may be odd to have wedding celebrations at a bar, but we feel welcome there and it is very much like a home. The family has been very good to us since we first met, and like i said- that's where we met! So it would make sense to get hammered at that bar about 5 years after we first met there.

So if we can't see you at the wedding, we better see you at the bar!!!!...Or at ComicCon on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment